For the time being Yogi Job signups will still be handled in the kitchen at the sangha house. We need snow shovel volunteers and house cleaners in December and January. Thanks to everyone who has signed up to help this winter!
Sangha board meetings are always held on the second Tuesday of the month from 9-10:30 am at 248 D St. We welcome anyone who is interested to attend. Board meeting minutes and financial statements are posted each month in a notebook in the library.
View this email in your browser
Salida Sangha Annual Member and Board Meeting
November 12, 2016
Meeting called to order at 5: 00 pm
Board Members present: Roberta Smith, Denise Ackert, Cindy Sasso, Jane Whitmer, Elizabeth Ritchie
Members present: Oren Dreeben, Melodee Kennington, Dixie Goldsby, Dan Weinshenker, Eunice Collette, Judy Brey, Kym Mellsop, Phil Sasso, Dee Sapper, Leslie Henslee, Greg Phillips, Ruth Phillips, Ron Ferris, Dee Dubin, Julia Harris
First Order of Business – Review of Mission, Vision, and Goals reviewed by Elizabeth
Second Order of Business – Accomplishments
- We have been able to maintain the Sangha house both financially and by yogi jobs thanks to the Sangha and to Roberta.
- We have a beautiful new altar and a Buddha statue thanks to Roberta, Dixie and Elizabeth.
- We organized 2 non-residential retreats at Meadowrock Ranch.
- Brian has made a commitment to continue teaching twice a year.
- We have advanced in our technology and have a wonderful website, online registration for retreats and mail chimp.
- Jane introduced the proposed new Board of Directors to include: Roberta Smith, Denise Ackert, Cindy Sasso, Elizabeth Ritchie, Jane Whitmer and Denny Radabaugh. A motion to approve was made, seconded, and unanimously approved.
- Cindy reviewed the 2016 Budget and proposed Budget for 2017. It was proposed to increase the rent payment to $650 per month and budget $50 less per month for the repair and maintenance fund. A motion to approve the 2017 budget was made, seconded, and unanimously approved.
- Yogi job signups will continue to be posted on the kitchen cabinets.
- We are currently developing an interactive online calendar for sit leader signups.
- The gutter has been replaced along with installation of heat tape inside the gutter. The stucco has been repaired on the side and the back porch railing has been installed. Thanks for Phil, Greg, Ron and Dan.
- Blazing Mountain Retreat Center residential retreat in Crestone, March 3-8.
- Meadowrock Ranch non-residential retreat, September 16 and 17.
- Our new website is up and running thanks to Leslie, Denise and Cindy.
- Mail chimp is now being used for managing Sangha emails.
- We plan on creating a business card with essential information.
- We discussed the possibility of creating a Facebook page.
- Melodee, Caring Committee, reported that 7 sangha members have been helped.
- Judy, Book Club, stated that the group meets the first Wednesday of the month, 6:00 – 7:30 pm and is currently reading A Wise Heart by Jack Kornfield.
- Jane, Dharma in Jail, offering yoga to the women.
- Denise, Dharma in the Jail, discussed the meeting with the Commander of the Chaffee County Detention Center, and the plan to start the Path of Freedom course work. If the inmates complete the course they will get time off their sentence. Also they plan to teach meditation to the deputies.
- Judy, Aging and the Dharma, is in the conceptual phase and open to ideas from the Sangha.
- Elizabeth discussed the attendance on Saturday has been approximately 0-3 people over the last few months and identified the need to increase the notification of the sit by sending out email reminders to the Sangha.
- Roberta discussed our plans to host the sit at the Sangha house and requested a leader and members to organize the event. Phil, Kym and Dixie volunteered.
- Discussed watering and weeding at the Sangha house and the idea of having a spring cleanup.
- Leslie brought up the issue of racism and social justice and how can we educate and bring our community together.